Most American adults don’t use a financial advisor and that’s unfortunate. A financial advisor is someone who can help you create the life you love. The best sports players have coaches, imagine if everyone had a money coach to help them succeed.
Half of all Americans claim they are just getting by financially, especially now in times of a global COVID-19 pandemic. So, why aren't there more people asking for professional help?
Some say there is enough financial information available online, while others will think of the costs involved with hiring a professional advisor. But in many cases, hiring a financial advisor is a worthwhile expense.
What Does a Financial Advisor Do?
A financial advisor helps you plan and create your short and long-term financial goals. These goals may include saving for college education, retirement, and ensuring you have the appropriate insurance plan to secure a stable financial future. In a nutshell, they help people manage their money.
An advisor might review your income, expenses, and assets, pinpoint your goals, offer tips for improvement, create a plan to help you reach your financial goals, teach you investment basics, answer questions, and manage your investments.
Why Should You Hire a Financial Advisor?
If you are thinking about your financial future, you might wonder how to create a long-term plan to reach your financial goals and stick to them. A financial advisor could be just the person to help.
Here are five reasons why you should work with a professional:
- You are young and unsure where to start - A good financial plan makes all the difference when adopted early in life. The math is simple; it's easier to start investing 20% of your income when you're young and plan to retire in 40 years than to start investing 50% of your income when you are older and want to retire in 15 years.
- You had a significant life event such as graduation, marriage, or having kids - When a major life event occurs, it is followed by a substantial financial impact. For instance, college graduates often need help with debt management or planning a family, and having children means having to prepare for their future education.
- You don't have time to manage your money - If you don't have the time or know-how to thoroughly examine your financial life, then having a professional financial advisor is necessary to help you put a plan in place. They can help you create a roadmap to keep your financial life on track.
- Financial issues are a source of anxiety - If you're constantly worrying about issues such as saving for a goal, cash flow, or covering loan payments, then it's time to reach out to a professional financial advisor.
- You have a large amount of money in assets and want a comprehensive plan - Even when you have a substantial sum of money saved, you might need continuous help to manage and grow your wealth. In that case, a financial planner is the right choice for you.
If you are struggling to manage your money, you would benefit from a professional financial advisor. They can help you navigate challenging financial situations.
As professional financial advisors, we always strive for every client realize their financial dreams. Whether your goal is to save for your retirement, a new home, or managing your portfolio wisely, we have the experience and resources to meet your needs.